Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

Time is flying by for me. On Saturday morning, I helped Glynn Art Association with a children’s art project. My station was printmaking. I had the children draw something on a soft plate then we printed it. One child drew a cardinal. A boy drew a great bat picture. It was good to know that there are some children enjoying nature. In the afternoon, I did a bird walk, or as I call it a Bird Amble, for the Mother Nature Day Festival on Jekyll Island. This was the second year the Georgia Sea Turtle Center put this festival together. This year the Jekyll Island Authority helped.


Larissa Harris is the Assistant Director of Marketing for JIA. She is on the left. She helped me get started blogging. Beth Burnsed is the event coordinator for Jekyll Island Authority. She is going to help with the Georgia Colonial Coast Birding and Nature Festival in October.

The date for the festival is October 8-12, 2009



There were families out all over Jekyll. I took a small group over to the Amphitheater. This is one of those magical places. It is an old outdoor theater. Behind the theater is a freshwater lake. The lake is a favor hangout for all kinds of egrets and herons.


Did I mention that the Wood Storks are nesting there? These birds are fascinating to watch. I enjoy watching as folks discover them for the first time. The wonder on their faces is worth a million bucks.

No comments: