Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shorebirds one day and art the next




Well yesterday I was helping count shorebirds on Sea Island. Capt. Clay was a great driver. We saw American Oystercatchers, Willets, and Piping Plovers just to name a few birds.










Today I was in my etching studio. The Space Coast Birding and Wildlife Festival is next week and I have to print. While doing this, I thought I would show you how to print an etching.




First ink the zinc plate





Then wipe the excess ink off the plate






Put the plate on the press place a damp sheet of 100% rag paper over the plate






The paper and the plate are run through the press and here is the image.

Here is another plate I pulled today.


It is call Dancing Water Spirits. Tree Swallows drinking water at the south end of Jekyll inspired the image. It is just hard to seperate my birding and my art.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great Blog! Love the video. I find your print making extremely interesting!! Good luck at the Space Coast Festival!