Saturday, November 15, 2008

Glaucous Gull in Brunswick

It started with Bill Flatau‘s photograph.
Humm? I just had to jump in my old van and go. All the way over there I warned myself not to be disappointed. Sure enough there were no birds around the road out to Andrews Island. Don’t give up look around I told myself. So, I looked across at Brunswick’s Landings Marina on the other side of the waterway and there on the dock were gulls. With those gulls sitting on a large piling was a large white gull. Well if I drive around the waterway is the bird still going to be there? The birds looked settled on that dock. I gave it a try. The gull stayed! On top of that it was easy to see that it was a Glaucous Gull. It it is very early for this Glaucous Gull but this bird is here. It has been very warm here the last few days. Temperature has been hovering around 80 and very humid during the day. I called a couple of people and I hope they can get more photos. If I get more I will post them.

No comments: