Saturday, September 4, 2010

The pond on Pine Lake Golf Course

Since April, I have been working nonstop pulling together the Georgia Coast Birding and Nature Festival, October 7-10, 2010. This work kept me inside this summer except for the Wednesday evening tour on the Jekyll Island Golf courses, called the Golf Cart Nature Tour. In August, it seemed I was on Pine Lakes Golf Course. It has a pond between holes numbers 11 and 12 that is just great! There are always herons, egrets, Wood Storks, Roseate Spoonbills, White Ibis and Anhingas resting around it. There were flocks of Pine Warblers generally near by on the ground. Yes, there was no looking up. They were on the ground. Pretty cool. Here is a view of the pond.

I mentioned that my little point and shoot camera does best when I shoot thru the scope. Here is a picture of a young White Ibis. It is not great but it works for me.



No comments: