Friday, October 3, 2008

Butterflies and Warblers




As I count down the days to the festival, I would like to give you some images.
First Gulf Fritillaries and Long-tailed Skippers are abundant this time of year. There is a vacant lot in my neighborhood that goes wild this time of year. Take a look.
On Thursday I was out looking for routes around Jekyll Island. Two friends were along with me, well we hit the right day for there were all our common warblers around and a few that are not so common.
I went to places I don’t always go with groups. I am rethinking that now.
I tried to take some pictures of the warblers but they were all soft focus. I enjoy my little camera. It is light and can fit in my pocket. The one draw back for blogging is that it has a long lapse between me clicking the picture and the camera actually taking the image.
Here are a few images and landscapes on Jekyll. Our common warblers are Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Black-throated Blue Warbler and the ever present Western Palm Warbler. Thursday we added Hooded Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, Yellow Warbler and one Blue-winged Warbler. We kept running into flocks of Palm Warblers so at the end of the morning I just had to check out the soccer field. Sure enough there were one hundred Western Palm Warblers all over the field. It was a magic morning. Now back to the festival.

No comments: