Thursday, September 11, 2008

Skywatch and best thought for my birding friends on the Texas Coast

Sharon, aka Birdchick, does a Skywatch Friday blog. I think it is great to see what the sky looks like somewhere else. We birders are always planning our next adventure. My favorite phase is we are all bird gypsies. But today my thoughts are with the folks along the Texas coast. Hurricane Ike is barring down on them. It is a huge strom.
I called to Clay of Swaroski Optic to check in on him for our Georgia's Colonial Coast Birding and Nature Festival and found him with plywood and nails in hand. He and some of my other birding gypsy friends are right in the middle of this storm. To all of you, my thought are with you. Hang in there.

Here are some shots I took today at Gould's Inlet. The Reddish Egrets were fishing as some of the storms were coming through here.


No comments: