Thursday, March 29, 2007

GreatCrested Flycatcher

I am preparing to go down to South Florida for the Big “O” Birding Festival in Moore Haven, Florida. Moore Haven is on the banks of Lake Okeechobee. It is very exciting to be asked to give one of the talks during the weekend as well as being able to exhibit my etchings and monotypes of birds. For this reason there was no Ramble on Jekyll today.
But on my early morning walk I was surprised by a Great Crested Flycatcher singing. It seems a couple days early. I checked the Annotated Checklist of Georgia Birds and found it was right on time. The Great-crested Flycatcher is one of our summer resident birds. Walking along there is the light scent of Wisteria in the air and the Northern Parulas are singing all through the neighbor. Soon The Great Crested will join in the celebration of spring as well.
Good Birding

No comments: