Thursday, July 10, 2008

Birding festival update





Oh Dear! I just got a very nice comment so I checked in on my blog. I am sorry for being so far behind. It has been a wild couple of months. For the most part I have been up to my eyeballs in details as a few of us pull together the booklet for the Georgia’s Colonial Coast Birding & Nature Festival October 9-13. It is a complex of field trips up and down our coast, workshops, seminars, socials, and a special family day on Saturday. The idea is to show off the wealth of wildlife we have here on our coast. My goodness do we have a wonderful area. After a couple of years living on the road birding, I was asked where I wanted to live. The decision was easy. Jekyll Island made it easy. Here is a place you can come stop and rest. You can walk, ride a bike and not worry about being run over. If you want to go a little faster you can rent an electric car. Talk about green, it is an escape to a slower time. If you area a birder, in just a leisurely morning of birding you can see and hear around fifty species of birds. After more than twenty year I still love this place and want to share it.
This is the reason I have dedicated myself to this festival, so we can show it off. This festival takes a lot of planning. The field trips are a big part but there is also a special Nature Day on Saturday with an interactive exhibit area. Some of the top optics and camera folks are there to help you find the best equipment for you. I could go on and on but you can check it out yourself. The dates are October 9-13, 2008. Our website is http://www.coastalgeorgiabirding.org/
We are still putting up the information so hang in there. It will be up in a couple of weeks.
In the meantime, I did slip away a little to bird.

No comments: